2-Ingredient Butternut Squash Gnocchi
This dish is so cozy, easy to make, vegan & gluten-free! It takes some time to prep, but only a few minutes to cook up 😊 This is such a cozy Sunday meal!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1 ½ cups gluten-free buckwheat flour @cloud9glutenfree
1 medium-sized butternut squash
Butter Leaf lettuce
Vegan Cashew Alfredo “Cheeze” sauce
- Cut your butternut squash carefully. On a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place your squash and cook it in the oven at 450 degrees F for 40 minutes until it’s soft.
- Allow it to cool. Tip: Cook your squash in advance and place it in the fridge to cool so you don’t have to wait as long.
- Once your squash is cool, in a large bowl, add your squash and mash it to create a puree. Add your flour and use your hands to mix everything to create your dough.
- On a clean surface, roll out your dough. Using a large knife, cut your gnocchi into 1-inch pieces. While doing this, start boiling a pot of water.
- Using the back end of a fork, roll your dough over it to create the small gnocchi ridges or roll each piece into little bite-sized pieces. Continue the process. Be patient as this will take some time!
- Once your water is boiled, add your gnocchi pieces. Take them out once they rise to the top. They cook quickly!
- In a medium-sized stove pan, add your cashew vegan fettuccine sauce and your cooked gnocchi. Pan-fry for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is heated. Add to a plate and enjoy!🤗
Thank you @localplanteater for this tasty recipe! We love seeing how you guys incorporate our Balanced Box items. Be sure to tag us when you do!!!
To your Balanced Health,
The Balanced Company