We have the perfect treat for you to bake this season. These yummy pumpkin muffins are great to make even year-round. Try it out for yourself in just a few simple steps! Also, be sure to check out our reel on this recipe here.
2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ to ½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 pinch of ground cloves
1 ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup coconut sugar (or ¼ cup maple syrup)
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
Makes 20-22 muffins
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Line a muffin tray with reusable silicone liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and freshly ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until it’s just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin liners about ¾ of the way up.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. Then, leaving the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tray for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the silicon liners and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company