Summer Herb and Potato Salad
Recipe by: The Balanced Company
Try our version of a classic mayo-free French potato salad. A delicious side dish that tastes even better if using fresh herbs from your garden! It’s the perfect side dish that’s sure to please.
Serves 3-4 as a side dish
2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in ¼” rounds
1 tbsp sea salt
⅓-½ cup assorted fresh herbs (we used parsley, thyme, chives and dill)
2 green onions
¼ cup Maison Orphée Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp Maison Orphée Organic Dijon Mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, place the sliced potatoes and 1 tbsp of sea salt. Add enough cold water to cover the top of the potatoes by 1”.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce to medium-low heat, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until a knife easily pierces the potatoes and they are fully cooked.
- Drain potatoes.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs and green onions. Set aside in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Maison Orphée Extra Virgin Olive Oil, white wine vinegar, minced garlic, and Maison Orphée Organic Dijon Mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the fresh herbs and green onion.
- Add the warm sliced potatoes and gently stir to combine, trying not to break the potato slices. Taste, and add more salt and pepper (if needed).
- Enjoy warm, at room temperature or chilled.
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company