How to Make Your Own Nut Milk
In honour of World Plant Milk Day taking place on August 22, we want to share this recipe on – you guessed it – how to make your own nut milk. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and we think you’ll love it. Try it out for yourself in just a few simple steps!
Blender (preferably, high-speed)
Strainer of your choice - Cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or strainer
Storage container - Glass jug, milk jar, etc.
1/2 cup nuts or seeds of your choice, soaked (almonds and cashews are our favs)
4 cups filtered water
Dash of salt
Sweetener/spice of your choice - to taste
- Soak your nuts in water overnight in the fridge.
- Add your soaked nuts, water, and a dash of salt to your blender, as well as any optional add-ins.
- Blend on high speed for 90 seconds, or until creamy and frothy.
- Place your cheesecloth, milk bag, or strainer over a large glass bowl and slowly pour the blended mixture into it. Make sure to grasp the bag tightly so the contents don’t spill, form a “ball” with the pulp inside and squeeze the liquid out.
- Twist the bag slowly to release any residual liquid. You can either discard the nut pulp or save it for another recipe.
- Pour your nut milk into glass jars, seal, and store in your fridge for 4 to 5 days.
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company